Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Agony and the Ex-stacy

Lately, I have noticed a raging debate about women who knowingly chase after and have a relationship with married men. Some say, "blame the husband", and very few hold the other woman accountable. For the record, I despise everything these women stand for. I understand it takes two to tango, but women have been treacherous since the beginning of time. Who was able to tempt Adam to take a bite of the forbidden fruit? Oh okay.  I blame the man who is susceptible to another woman's wiles besides his wife's, and this makes him weak and not worthy of the one waiting for him at home. As a woman, how can you sleep with a man that does not belong to you?

Whether the wife is up on the affair or not, she is still the one at the advantage over the other woman. The wife is the one the husband comes home to. So, if the husband goes home to his wife at night, doesn't spend money on the other woman, and doesn't take the other woman out in public, where is the benefit for the other woman? Maybe there is a link missing in my DNA, but I just don't get it. How can you as a woman even contemplate hurting another woman like that? I can be attracted to a man all day long and we can have chemistry off the charts, but if he is married, that is such a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't care if he slept on the roof and she slept in the bed and they hadn't had sex in 20 years. If he's married...Adios!

Women were taught to be nurturers since they were able to understand what it meant. We nurse our men back to perfect health, we iron and wash their clothes, make sure they come home to a hot meal, boost their ego when the world emasculates them, and in spite of all these things we do, they still find it in themselves to cheat. What am I missing here? You mean to tell me there is a place you can get everything you need and more from a woman, and yet, it still isn't enough? Hold the phone please! Again, what am I missing?

What strikes me as super funny, is when the man recognizes that his ex has moved on from his foolishness and she isn't paying him one bit of attention, he comes crawling back. Where do they do that at? So, when I was doing everything for you, it wasn't enough, but now that I'm not thinking about you, you find me intriguing? HA!

We all go through our share of heartache and pain. If you are still living, you have been hurt by someone who has claimed to love you. You gave that person your everything and only received meager scraps in return. The great thing is that the struggle gets easier. You may not realize it, but you are so much better off without dead weight. Take time to do things you always wanted to do, but couldn't do because you were always putting the other person first. Appreciate yourself because the one thing I am finding is when you love someone else more than you love yourself, they always win.

If you find yourself on the heartbreak end of an affair, know that there is life and happiness afterwards! It may take some time to get there, but you will never regret your decision to move on. Take time to get back to happy because you deserve it. God had to remove that person from your life in order to prepare you for the latest and greatest. I may not be prepared for the one God made for me just yet, but when he comes, I'll be ready.

1 comment: