Monday, March 7, 2011

Keep Pressing...

There are times where I doubt whether or not I am meant to be a writer. Don't get me wrong, I have the ideas up top, and writing gives me a sense of peace, but I have days where I wonder if I am any good. I am so weird sometimes. On one hand I like to know what people think of my work, but on the other hand, both criticism and compliments make me very uncomfortable. I digress, and realize that as a writer, not everyone will like my content.

The people in my corner encouraging me to write are few. With their praise and encouragement, I feel like I am the Wonder Woman of writing. There are times I want to give up and do something easier, but that is a cop out and there are no shortcuts to success.

If there is a dream you've had since you were a kid, something you know you can do well and empower others with, GO FOR IT! Let nothing and no one stop you from living your dreams. Life is too short to spend the rest of it working for someone else who followed their dreams. I know so many people who are unhappy with their current employment status, and it's because, they want better, but are too afraid to fight for it. Fear is our enemy and out of fear comes excuses for why we can't succeed.

There is something in you right now that God didn't give anyone else. We all have this "thing". Whatever it is He thought enough of you to give it to you. Don't run from it, embrace it. Success won't come overnight, but if you work hard, and believe God for the victory in your life, the battle is already won. I believe in you, but do you believe in yourself?

Everyone deserves a shot at greatness. I'm ready for mine, how about you?

1 comment:

  1. oooh SAY THAT!!! I'm so proud that you're going for yours! It's an encouragement to me & I'm sure to those who probably will never tell you. You're goin' far kid, I just know it! :)

    ReplyDelete